Thursday 6 July 2023

Mikel Arteta wants to add former Arsenal star to his backroom staff next season

According to reports, Mikel Arteta is keen on adding Santi Cazorla to his team of back room staff at Arsenal ahead of next season.

Santi Cazorla joined Arsenal ahead of the 2012/13 season. He went on to make 180 appearances for the Gunners, scoring 29 goals and recording 45 assists before leaving the club in 2018. The Spaniard became a fan favourite at the Emirates Stadium and to this day he is one of the most technically gifted players the Arsenal fans have ever witnessed.

Santi Cazorla then moved to Villarreal before ending up at Al-Sadd SC in Qatar where he’s most recently left the club and Mikel Arteta is keen to give the 38-year-old a chance to make a sensational return to Arsenal ahead of next season.

Cazorla is keen on playing one more year of football before hanging up his boots and it appears Villarreal could well offer him a third stint at the Yellow Submarine before calling it a day on his playing career.

However when the time comes, if it is ahead of next season, then Cazorla knows he has a coaching role at Arsenal waiting and I’m sure it’s one he’ll definitely want to take.

Santi Cazorla speaking recently on leaving Arsenal: “I miss everything of this club every day – every day. When I was there I enjoyed my best time in football, but also my worst because after the injury it was really difficult for me.”

But I love all of this club. I loved playing in Premier League and winning trophies. They were good memories with the players. I follow them, I support them; I’m always a Gunner.”

On the possibility of an Arsenal return, Cazorla says he’d happily snap up any opportunity that comes his way.

“We’ll see. If I have the possibility to come back, I will be back. I don’t know which position in the club, as a coach or sports director. But of course, I would like to come back in the future.”

“Of course, I would like to come back. I have to wait if the club thinks about me, if I can help in something – as a coach or a sporting director.”

Mikel Arteta is keen to add the former Arsenal midfielder to his coaching team at some point in the near future and there’s no doubt Arsenal fans will love the idea considering he’s still a fan favourite at the club he left in 2018.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Us